- Learn the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Differentiate between the normal changes of pregnancy and the abnormal
- Understand the indications, contra-indications and special consideration during all “four” trimesters of the childbearing year
- Gain confidence with easing the discomforts and nurture her with massage
- Learn client positioning, draping and good body mechanics
- Learn stages of labour and massage labour support
- Offer helpful homecare recommendations
- Have the opportunity to massage pregnant woman
Instructor: Sheryl Watson
Sheryl has been a registered massage therapist in Alberta since 1995 and taught in the massage program at Grant MacEwan University for 14 years. She joined the faculty at Vancouver School of Healing Arts in 2017 and currently practices at Empower Health on Commercial Drive in Vancouver.
Pelvic health and integrated sexuality are the most precious part of her practice with the offerings in: Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, Lymphatic
Breast Massage, Holistic Pelvic Care™, craniosacral therapy, shamanic coaching/ceremony and shamanic women’s sexuality and empowerment workshops.
Tuition is paid in full at the time of registration. To register go to the Apply Now page.
Tuition is fully refundable until one week prior to the course at which point no refunds will be made. If a student is unable to attend for any reason, payment received will be kept on file as a credit and can be used for any other VSBM program or course within one year.