FAQs – Spa Therapy


What’s the difference between an RMT and a Bodyworker? Does your school offer an RMT program?

RMT programs tend to focus on a systematic diagnostic approach to massage, whereas we offer a holistic spa therapy program with a mind-body perspective. We do not offer an RMT program.


Can I work internationally?

Absolutely. Many of our graduates work all over the world, including in the USA, Caribbean, Europe and South East Asian. Graduates are required to check provincial and city by-laws to determine what is required to practice as a bodyworker.


How much can I make after I graduate?

The range of pay for spa practitioners can range significantly depending on your place of work and experience. As a starting wage, graduates can expect to make an average of $30 per 60 minute massage + gratuities. However, this will vary depending on the city, spa, or resort.


Where do students work after they graduate?

The world is your oyster! Some of the places our graduates are employed include: Spas, hotels, ski resorts, fishing lodges, retreat centres, sporting events, cruise ships, recovery and treatment centres, massage studios and mobile massage services. Many also run their own successful bodywork practices.


How much is the program?

The total cost of the program, inclusive of applications fee, tuition, text and supplies, and student record archiving is $10,835. Please note, tuition prices are subject to change.


Is everything included in the tuition? Or do I have to buy supplies?

Students are only expected to supply their own linen (towels, sheets and pillow cases) to use throughout the course. More information will be provided in the student handbook prior to the start of the program.


Can I get a student loan for this program? If so, how much?

Government funded student loans are available for both the full-time and part-time Spa Therapy Program. The amount will depend on your personal financial circumstances and will be assessed by Student Aid BC or your provincial loan office.

VSBM may provide financing. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.


As an International student, do I need a study permit?

For the Full-Time Spa Therapy Program, International students do not need to apply for a Visa.

For the Part-Time Spa Therapy Program, International Students are required to apply for a student Visa. Please apply to the program first. Once accepted you must apply for a study permit using our DLI number: 0119520583361


Where are you located?

Our studios are in a beautiful brick and timber loft space in downtown Vancouver. The school is accessible by public transit from anywhere in the Lower Mainland.

The address is: 300 – 342 Water Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1B6


Is parking available?

Unfortunately we don’t have a student-designated lot. However, there are lots of parking garages close to the school.

EasyPark – 160 Water St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2K8

Impark – 515 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0B2


What are the prerequisites?

Please read our admissions requirements for information on our prerequisites.


Do I have to take the Weekend Introduction to Massage course first before I apply to the Spa Therapy Program?

It’s not a prerequisite requirement, however we do recommend the Weekend Introductory course to all prospective students. It’s a great overview of the basics of massage and can help you feel confident going into the Spa Therapy Program.


How many people are in each class?

Our class sizes typically range from 15-20 students. Classes are capped at a maximum of 26 students, to ensure an intimate and personal learning environment.


Do I get to actually do massages while I’m in class?

Absolutely! Students will have hands on experience in every class and will receive and give massages almost every day.