Private Training Institutions Branch
- Ensure Institutions meet the requirements and standards for certification;
- Maintaining a Private Training Institution Directory of all certified institutions and the programs they provide, along with formerly certified institutions;
- Providing student protection and overseeing the Student Tuition Protection Fund.
The Vancouver School of Bodywork and Massage is an accredited institution with the PTIB.
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
NCBTMB Mission: To foster high standards of ethical and professional practice in the delivery of services through a recognized credible credentialing program that assures the competency of practitioners of therapeutic massage and bodywork.
Graduates from the Spa Therapy Program are eligible to write the NCBTMB exam. Having this credential is most beneficial to American students. Please advise administration if you plan to sit the exam.
Vancouver College of Massage Therapy
VSBM and VCMT (formerly Utopia Academy) have had a long standing relationship based on mutual respect of each other’s specialty of training, as it pertains to the massage profession. Over the years we have referred interested students to each other’s schools to ensure that potential students get the training they are looking for in the area of massage.
Through the recently formalized Transfer Program, VSBM Spa Therapy alumni will receive financial credit for prior education of $3,000 towards their tuition fees when they register in the VCMT RMT Program.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The North American Studio Alliance
The North American Studio Alliance (NAMASTA) believes in the following principles:
- to any studio, practice, retreat, school, association, academy, owner, manager, teacher, enthusiast;
- to any any mind-body and movement therapy tradition, including yoga, pilates, tai chi, qigong; any bodywork and massage technique, including massage therapy, touch therapy, the Feldenkrais Method, the Alexander Technique, Reiki, Shiatsu, Rolfing and similar approaches;
- to any idea and suggestion on how NAMASTA can serve the wellness community better.